Friday, 15 January 2016

FG launches new investigation into 2014 kidnap of Chibok girls.

 
President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered a new investigation into the kidnapping of 219 school girls by Islamist group Boko Haram in April 2014 from the town of Chibok, the presidency says on Thursday.

A statement says a panel would be announced soon by the National Security Advisor.

The decision comes after parents of the girls and the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) movement marched to the presidential villa to demand a meeting with Buhari earlier on Thursday.

"I assure you that I go to bed and wake up every day with the Chibok girls on my mind," Buhari was quoted as saying in the statement after meeting some of the marchers.

"Securing the Chibok girls is my responsibility. The service chiefs and heads of our security agencies will tell you that in spite of the dire financial straits that we found the country in, I continue to do my best to support their efforts in that regard."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...